BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Dancing in the Dark"

I am currently reading a book entitled "Dancing in the Dark" which expresses the relationship between youth and the electronic media. This is a great book for many people such as parents, teachers, ministers, and so on to read and get to know youth and the similarities that they share. Electronic media plays such an important and vital role in popular culture, using meduims such as the internet and diversified social networks like facebook that has a strong take on the decisions made by young people. If you are not familar with my blog, you will be very shortly. I personalized my blog to fit a passion and a strong desire that I have on the different styles of dance. I felt that by reading this book, i can somehow tie it into my blog and show how even dance influences a lot of young people today. A range of dances and styles, or what I like to call "A melting pot of triumph", has lured many individuals to create change and a union amongst themselves. A union that many people fail to understand.

" In the eyes of many adults, rock-music, concerts, and MTV videos offer the clearest examples of this conflict. If only the young would direct their restlessness toward something worthwhile. If only they would work instead of play. Alas, if only they would stop being, well, young"-Dancing in the Dark. This particular quote or section in the book really caught my attention. I say this because so often are young people misunderstood and left out. Concerts and Tv are not life itself but to many young people, these hobbies and through different forms, express who they are and what they enjoy. I believe that there is a time for work and there is a time for play, but if doing what you love can be play and work, then why not take that chance and get the best of both worlds?

0 comments: