BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 22, 2009

Praise Dance is Worship

I believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. I believe that he died on the cross for our sins and that he rose agian and sits at the right hand of his father. I know I have talked about dancing for school and how passionate I am about doing it. But I have yet to mention how passionate I am about my heavenly father. Although I am on the dance team at St. Thomas, I also use my gift of dance to praise and worship God. Prasing dancing comes from the heart and through your movement, you announce to the world that Jesus is your savior, friend, comforter and so much more.

Ministering the word of God through the ministry of dance is a new way of worship that myself and others have found. In my personal life, I have grown in this ministry of dance and fitness. Some dancers pretend to cry and others paint their faces. This art of dance goes by many names such as: praise dance, worship dance, or liturgical dance. Some dancers wear costumes, streamer and other props. But whatever form of worship takes place, one single goal is in mind which is drawing others to the faith they embrace. Praise dancing demonstartes God's spirit and his livliness in everyone who wants to experience this. A lot of praise dancers that I know, including myself emphasize that it's not putting on a show but that God deserves all the credit for any talent that we posses. Overtime, worshiping God through praise dance has helped me grow spiritually.

0 comments: