BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 22, 2009

To Dance or not to Dance: Senior Year

So if I haven’t mentioned it before, for the past two years, I’ve been dancing for the Lady Diamondettes dance team at St. Thomas University. I was one of three girls to start this team in hopes of bringing forth a new aspect to campus life and school spirit. Overtime I have grown to love each dancer like a sister, and we have all created a bond that will last a life time. I inherited the nickname “chicken nugget” because it’s my favorite food, but I’ve earned the dancing name of “freestyle”. I was given this name because every now and then one of the girls would catch me doing a dance or movement at a random moment, and someway we would incorporate it into a routine.

Like I’ve stated before, dancing is my passion, and the joy I get from it is a beautiful feeling. Now that I am faced with my senior year come fall, I’m not so sure if I’m ready to give up my dancing shoes. I really want to focus and keep in the direction of my degree, but dancing is my life! I feel like I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I’ve put my all into this dance organization, and I have so much fun out there on the floor. Being a second year Resident Assistant and studying takes a lot of time and commitment. With only one month and a half left before school starts, I have some serious decision making to do. To dance or not to dance my senior year, that is the question I must answer.

0 comments: